How Great Lakes Can Help You With Your Student Loans
Getting an education can be exciting. But there can also be anxiety, especially related to the question: How am I going to pay for this? No one understands this better than Great Lakes. As one of the nation's leading student loan servicers, we work closely with the U.S. Department of Education (ED), schools, and students to help millions of people manage their student loan accounts and build brighter futures.
Our mission of "doing what's right" isn't just a slogan.
It's the guiding principle in everything we do. Students and their families borrow money for college because it's an important investment in their future.
To help students borrow responsibly, complete their education, and find repayment solutions that work for them.
Three main reasons why we're good to work with:
We're here for you every step of the way...
- Providing excellent, timely customer service and communications.
- Delivering a top-notch website and mobile app to provide you with easy payment capabilities and a wealth of student loan information at your fingertips.
Our borrowers appreciate us.
*According to the U.S. Department of Education quarterly surveys, since June 2011.
We know what we're doing, and we're told we're pretty good at it.
- We've been in the student loan business since 1967.
- We employ over 2,000 people, and have hundreds of helpful Customer Service reps available to you.
- We have helped millions of students like you, with millions of unique situations.
- We've invested nearly $260 million in grants to our communities, to date.
- We manage billions of dollars in consolidation loans.
- We are one of the most highly respected loan servicers and originators in the country.
- We work with 6,000 schools and the U.S. Department of Education to help serve you better.
Great Lakes Quick Facts
Free Expert Help!
You don't have to pay for student loan services or advice. Our expert representatives have access to your latest student loan information and understand all of your options. Learn more about the free services available to you.