Apply for Consolidation
Are you tired of managing multiple federal student loan payments with multiple interest rates or multiple servicers? If so, now may be the time for loan consolidation. The U.S. Department of Education made the landmark decision to allow you to choose your consolidation servicer (of which, Great Lakes is one) under the Direct Consolidation Loan program.
Prepare and Apply for a Direct Consolidation Loan
Gather your info!
It's important to gather your application information ahead of time, especially since you're required to complete your application in one session. The online application should then only take you about 30 minutes to complete.
- Student loan records, account statements, and bills. If you're uncertain where to locate your loan information, visit the
- Loan servicer name, address, and phone number
- Loan type (Stafford, Perkins, PLUS, etc.)
- Account number
- Federal Student Aid ID
- Personal information, including driver's license details, address, phone number, and email address
- Employer's name, address, and phone number
- Two references' full names, addresses, phone numbers, and relationship to you
Decide on a repayment plan
Since you must select a repayment plan on your application, start by determining which plan makes the most sense for your situation. To identify your current plan with Great Lakes, and to investigate other plans, visit the Repayment Planner. You can choose from multiple repayment plans with various terms to repay your consolidation loan. Visit StudentAid.gov and click on the Repayment and Consolidation tab to estimate your monthly payment under various repayment options. You may be able to change plans at any time, based on eligiblity requirements.
Note: Depending on your situation, there may be eligibility requirements for certain plans. Refer to the consolidation application for more information about repayment plan eligibility.
2. Apply online
Do it in one session
You must complete your application in one session! Your information won't be saved if you navigate away from the online application.
Choose your consolidation servicer
When you apply, you can choose one of the listed federal loan servicers—including Great Lakes—to complete the consolidation and then service your Direct Consolidation loan.
3. Come back and track your application
Track your app
For loans consolidated and serviced by Great Lakes, you'll receive your first communications from us within one-to-two business days after submitting your online application. You'll also be able to view your application's progress on your mygreatlakes.org account.
We'll update you
We'll keep you updated throughout the consolidation and notify you:
- When we receive your application.
- If any action is required on your part.
- When the process is complete.